My First Blog Post EVER!!

February 17th, 2010

Well, here it is, my first blog post ever.  My father will be so proud of me 🙂  I must say that I’m actually really excited about this.  I had originally planned to start this blog a little bit later in the summer, when I am closer to leaving for Morocco, but I guess this is as good a time as any to begin.

Um, so yeah, I guess I don’t really know what to write about now.  I’m going to a Tango lesson later this evening, which I’m super excited about!!  I love to dance, I spent a large chunk of my childhood in leotards and ballet slippers.  Sadly, due to some unfortunate back problems, I can’t dance (ballet) anymore, but in a way it has been a good thing, I have been able to try other forms of dance, like Swing, Salsa, and tonight, Tango.

Today, I also almost forgot to feed my fish.  I have two guppies.  Their names are Inigo Montoya (named after the Princess Bride character), and Pope John Paul II.  They are small and see-through.  I’m serious, you can really see through them.  When I look at them through the top of the fish bowl I can see their brains through their skulls.  Guppy brains look like little black dots.  Actually though, they tend to change color depending on how you look at them, sometimes then look green, but other times they are more silvery-blue.  Did I mention they live in a giant brandy snifter?  You see, over the summer my mom and I were at The Christmas Tree Shop, and we were looking at over-sized alcoholic beverage cups.  We think they were supposed to be candle holders or something like that.  Anyway, I was looking at the snifter when my mom leans over and says “Kristen, wouldn’t that make a cool fish bowl?”  It does indeed mother, thank you for putting that fantastic idea into my head!  Okay, I think I would like to switch topics now.  That was a lot of information to take in all at once about my fish, who really most of the time are a lot less interesting.

So, tonight will be the first night this semester that I don’t have to do any homework!!!!  For various reasons, my both my professors decided to give us the night off.  That doesn’t mean I get to hang around and watch TV all night.  I actually have plenty of work to keep me busy.  I have a budget proposal to write tonight.  I am the treasurer of the International Student Association (ISA), one of the many student groups on campus, and it’s that time of year again where we need to submit a formal proposal asking for money so next years executive board can fund many wonderful projects.

Speaking of wonderful projects, the ISA, in collaboration with Wooster Volunteer Network (WVN), and Circle K International (CKI) is sponsoring a spring break service trip to West Virginia!  I’ve been planning the trip all year, with some help from a fellow ISA board member and the vice president of CKI.  We are taking 24 students (international and domestic) on the trip!  However, time is ticking and there’s still a lot of details to figure out.  I just went to the student wellness center today to reserve some first aid kits for the trip.  I also have to finish collecting deposits, paperwork, etc from everybody, which is actually a lot more exhausting than it sounds.

What else is going on in my life?  OH YEAH!  Me, my roommate, and some other friends are going to see Mary Queen of Scots Got Her Head Chopped Off (MQS) on Friday.  I believe opening night is tonight actually!  I work in the Theater scene shop, which means that I help build the set, hang lights, paint scenery, etc for all the shows at Wooster.  Actually, I mostly work in electrics, which means I get to hang the lights, fix it so the audience can actually see the actors on stage.  Anyway, for MQS the audience is sitting in the round, which means that they are sitting onstage with the actors performing in the middle, kind of like a Colosseum.  So for this show we’ve painted a giant map of Great Britain on the floor.  Let me tell you, it looks really really really cool!!  So all of you who are in Wooster, I suggest you get a ticket and go see this show!

Well, I guess this will be the end of my first blog post.  Sorry it was so, er, random.  I promise to try very hard to write at least once a week.  I “keep” a diary too, only my last entry is from 2006…oops.  So bear with me while I try to get into this habit.

7 Responses to “My First Blog Post EVER!!”

1. Maggieon 18 Feb 2010 at 6:56 pm

HEEEE!!!!! You’re blogging!!! and I’m commenting!!!! YEAH!!!!!

2. Lauraon 18 Feb 2010 at 7:25 pm

This is gonna be fun! And you’re right, Dad will be proud 🙂

3. Pope John Paul II fanon 18 Feb 2010 at 10:53 pm

best blog post I’ve read today!

4. Allanon 19 Feb 2010 at 11:34 am

Booyah!

5. JohnCVermonton 19 Feb 2010 at 2:56 pm

Yes…I am very proud of you.

6. Anders K. M.on 08 Jun 2010 at 4:32 am

Nice blog, looking forward to joining Woo in the fall! I’m an international student so you’ll probably meet me 😉

7. Kristenon 13 Jun 2010 at 3:58 pm

Thanks, I’m glad you enjoy it. I think it’s great that you’re excited about coming to Wooster! I’ll be in Morocco during the fall semester, but it definitely would be nice to meet you when I get back 🙂