Catch Up!!

March 24th, 2011

Wow, I realized I haven’t posted anything at all whatsoever for quite some time now.  To be (sort of) fair to myself, I was quite busy with school, but I still feel that I could have made more of an effort to sit down for 30 minutes and compose a blurb about my life that I could post on the Internet for all to see.  Anyway, how’s everyone’s life going for them?  I’ve had my ups and downs these past few weeks.  The good news is that I have more or less been able to keep all my academic work up to the standards that I keep for myself.  I’ve had a few reality checks, but those are good for you, they build character (thank you Calvin and Hobbes).  It’s a little depressing, but I realized a couple weeks ago that I have five whole papers due in the month of April, including two Junior Independent Study papers.  The good news is that I have the topics and done enough research (I hope), the not so great news is that I have only written about six pages of only one of them so for the rest of the this week I have to be super productive outlining and writing bits and pieces of at least three of my papers.  I’m still in the research process on the fourth, and I can’t really start up the fifth paper until I’ve completed the third paper.  So, I’m going to have a busy month ahead of me.  Yay!

So, I’m currently on spring break!  Wooster is super cool because we get two whole weeks of spring break, which I’m highly grateful for because the first week of spring break is taken up by Chorus Tour!  Yes, Chorus Tour is always one of the highlights of the semester.  We sang five full concerts (and one mini concert) in West Chester and Cincinnati, Ohio, Louisville, Kentucky (with the mini concert at the Presbyterian USA headquarters), Knoxville, Tennessee, and Dunwoody, Georgia.  We had a free day at the end of the week in Atlanta, which was amazing because it was 80 degrees and blindingly sunny!  I went to the zoo and fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams of seeing a real live Giant Panda (actually I saw three, including a baby!!!), and then I went to the aquarium, which was really cool, minus the scary sharks.  I’m absolutely terrified of sharks and most fresh water fish, and all those crazy alien-like fish that live at the very bottom of the sea, but mostly I think I’m the most scared of sharks.  The only sharks I’m okay with are the whale sharks because they look like whales and don’t have three rows of razor sharp teeth.  I also got to visit in the Cincinnati Contemporary Art Center where there was a big exhibit of Keith Haring’s work.  I also got to run around the Louisville Science Center, where they had a massive Star Trek exhibit, which satisfied the geek within me.  I also learned that the Creation Science Museum is not too far from where we were, which as a Religious Studies major, I was kind of interested in going to just to see what they had, but I couldn’t bring myself to pay admission that is used to tell children that evolution is “bad science” and lies.  FYI: you can get a pretty good idea of what this museum has to offer through their website.  All in all, the Chorus Tour is a wonderful experience that brings everyone closer together, and I’m so happy that I have had the chance to go on this adventure for the last three years!

So, what am I looking forward to next???  Well, next week the college’s GCLA Global Alliance visitor, Said Ennahid from Morocco 🙂 will be on campus, and I get to attend a reception and dinner with him on Wednesday, and a one-on-one conversation with him on Friday!  I’m so excited to have this opportunity.  I will have to spend some time preparing for his visit, but don’t worry, I will definitely find time to tell you about this!  Hopefully I will not have  (less than two weeks away)!!  I’m quite excited about that.  I love birthdays! It actually has given me motivation to get one of my papers done because it is due the day after my birthday, but there’s no way I want to be stuck working on something like that on my birthday, so I’ve gotta get it done!  Yay motivation!

Anyway, it’s a beautiful day.  I’m spending this second week of spring break at my grandparent’s house in western Ohio, and I’m currently sitting in the public library because my grandparents do not have Internet at their house.  It’s almost uncomfortably warm in here, and I’m thinking I should head home soon.  A good brisk walk in chilly, albeit sunny weather is just what I need I think.  I’ve been working on homework as well, and when I get back I think I’ll continue with that for a little while before taking a break to watch something on the Turner Classic Movie Channel with my grandparents, and maybe drink a cup of hot tea.  Cheers to that!